Friday, January 27, 2017

Week 4- Shapes (Abstract)


Quinn Niego
January 27, 2017
2DS17


I did my best in this arrangement to make a rectangular shape on the outside, but have a flowing and unpredictable feel in the middle. This makes the piece geometric as a whole, but also organic and eye catching in the middle. Each individual piece is unique, but they work together to form a recognizable shape.

This piece is totally random. I threw the shapes onto the scanner and scanned whatever appeared. I threw the burgundy square on first then alternated the red and white pieces, with red being first. A lot of art is controlled and fixed so I thought it would be cool to do a piece that is totally random and see what happened.

This arrangement is of a skyline and buildings. I took the random shapes and did my best to put them together to form something that is recognizable and structured. Due to the shapes various shapes I had to think of a way to arrange them to get them to shape something that I was pleased with.

This picture has flow to it. I put edges that are similar next to each other to create paths that the eye can be pleased with. The curvy edges are next to curvy edges and the straight edges are next to straight ones. Other than this the piece is fairly loosely constructed. Therefore, it is somewhat random, but pleasing to look at.

I made a pattern with this piece, using colors are the basis. Patterns are pleasing to the eye and one can see the pattern with the red and white shapes that is briefly broken by the burgundy square. The pattern is controlled, but the shapes themselves are totally different. Therefore, there is a type of controlled chaos to this arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment