Monday, February 6, 2017

Week 5- Color Combo Drawings


Quinn Niego
February 6, 2017
2DS17


I chose to use purple as my hue from my given drawing in class.This is a drawing of a cell  phone using a colored pencil. It is monochromatic because purple is the only color present. I used several shades to give the drawing value. I used dark purple to depict the heavier parts of what I saw  and a lighter purple to depict the light parts.


I used chalk pastels in this drawing of a sky. My first drawing was a direct representation of a cell phone. This one, however, is more loosely formed. I wanted the viewer to be able to tell what it was, without it actually being directly similar to what one would imagine. I used  both complimentary (purple and yellow) and tertiary colors (purple  and red) to form this piece. The colors don't match a normal sky, but give a different perspective that looks pretty cool. 

This somewhat random drawing was made using markers. I used tertiary colors (purple and red) to create a piece that has some controlled, but random direction to it.  The curved line are all over the place, but can be traced to a flow that leads the eyes. The two dots in the middle of the page are suppose to represent eyes (one normal and one mad). These show the confusion of the piece.

I used a purple marker to draw this monochromatic drawing. It is made up of free hand geometric lines. It is pleasing to the eye and is patterned throughout. Different line and shapes lead the viewers eyes all over the piece because each little section is completely unique.


I used markers to draw this representational piece. Complimentary hues (purple and yellow) were used to depict objects that are not normally those colors. One can see what the drawing is of, but it is somewhat confusing because the colors don't match the objects. However, the colors work well together so it is pleasing to the eye at the same time.


No comments:

Post a Comment